Monday, August 15, 2011

Wow


Wow, what a busy weekend that was. In between auctions and setting a crib up for a friend I managed to tackle the paint on the walls in the bedroom. I also managed to paint a couple of pieces of furniture for the bedroom.

This is what the bedroom looked like after we painted it when we moved in. I was into the whole animal print thing. The dark wall was probably the thing that killed it the most for me. Old 80's ceiling fan that was missing a lamp shade. Ugly thick white curtain rod's. This was ok though since we had just moved in.
Now for the halfway reveal. Still working on several things. I am looking for a old wooden window for over the bed. Looking for more shelves, and knick nacks to throw into the room. I have to finish painting the mirror. I also need to find a long dresser. I had Sherwin Williams paint match the sheets on my bed and I think they did a pretty good job at it!


Here is one of the things that I painted over the weekend. This is a cheap jewelry box that I have had for years. I have never really liked the finish on it. I took some pure white old fashioned milk paint and went after it. What do you think? I do not think I will distress it at all. 

Before

After


Check out Shabby Chick's first giveaway over on her blog!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've sure been busy. I love the fresh new color in your room...very nice!! I think the jewelry box looks so much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice painting it white! Found your blog through Haven Conference. Hope to meet you then.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete