Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fun Things Happening Around here!

Well fall is upon us, and with fall comes the semi annual garage sale which will take place this weekend. Let me just go ahead and tell you that my house is a mess! There are things every where that I need to put in boxes and haul over for the garage sale. 

In an effort to eat healthier we have found Bountiful Baskets, if you have not heard about them you need to run now and get your order in for this week! For $15 you get 2 baskets, one filled with fruits one filled with vegetables. This is what ours looked like this past week. I can not emphasise on how great of a deal this was! It is a co-op so all the money gets pulled together to buy vegetables and fruits and wholesale prices! 


I am so very thankful that the drag racing season has come to an end. We only have 2 more races to photograph before we will be packing the camera gear away for the Winter. It has been a long season full of traveling and has been a blast for sure. We get to meet so many amazing people going around to the races. I am thankful for each one of them.

One of my favorite things about the Fall and Winter time is the cooking, I love to be in the kitchen whipping up something really good and filling! So I will leave you with the drop cookies my Grandmother used to make for my Father, My father used to make for me and my two sisters, and now I have made for my son! Instead of using peanut butter try Nutella!

  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 4 ounces butter (1 stick)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats

Preparation:

Combine sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, and peanut butter. Add oatmeal and stir to blend thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Makes about 4 dozen no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. 

 

Goldie-

No comments:

Post a Comment