Friday, January 13, 2012

The Master Bath Makeover

My bathroom is something that I have hated ever since we moved into the house. The tile needs to be redone in the shower, the shower head leaked everywhere, the color on the walls was a slightly mint tinted white, everything is white with some ugly tile and dark grey grouting. Old Manila toilet... and absolutely no storage for towels. 

What were my plans? To rip it out of course... but since neither of us have hit the lotto in 2 years I decided to compromise. After I put the grey paint up on the walls it just started to fall together. Two years later I can now shower in my own bathroom instead of the guest bathroom! Do you know how amazing of a feeling that is?

Here are the stock before photos of the house... I have never liked how sterile it was and had no idea how to get some more storage. 


 See Cracked tile in the shower bottom and old tiny shower head that would never even dream of doing much? 


Our house didn't even come with a bathroom mirror. This is something that I have struggled with for a long time... We have tried several mirrors have never had success! The light bar and those switches on the wall are just in the wrong place. 


There is not much to say about the tub being too bad... it is jetted and done correctly. 

This is after we moved in... no storage and nonfunctional. 


Now for the AFTER!

Old window frame + hooks = awesome towel rack


Do you see how much room I have between my shower door and the wall? There inst enough room to put a hutch in there without it being in the way. So the solution with the window works out very well for us! 


I stole this mirror out of my bedroom, and of course there is now a empty wall in my bedroom, but I think it belongs in my bathroom.


The tub, with some perfect pinup pictures and the grey walls! I think the Grey on the walls really helped to break up this room and make it become a lot more relaxing. 


Can I tell you how in love I am with this Faucet? It is a Kohler rainfall faucet and its AMAZING! I did patch the tiles in the bottom of the shower. I do understand it will need a new tile floor but I am ok with it now! First shower in my own bathroom in 2 years of living in this house.... amazing... I stayed in their way longer then I should have especially with 7 liters a minute....


I picked up this hand painted treasure at the Brass Armadillo in Roanoke! 



Here is a small view of the cabinet we hung to take care of the "beauty product" section. Now I need to find something to stick in the frame!



Well I didn't do a terrible amount of work... but it works and now it is functional and relaxing... and that is what i believe counts! What do you think about my bathroom makeover?


 

2 comments:

  1. What a thoroughly fantastic transformation! Your newly revamped bathroom looks as though it could have popped right out of the pages of a interior design magazine or been lifted from a chic day spa. Fabulous work!!!


    Wishing you a gorgeous weekend, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete