Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tell Me Tuesday : Week 2



 
 Brought to you by the Colorado Lady !
Week Two Question:

What is one thing you remember saying when you were young that as an adult you would do no matter what? Did you do it or is it still a dream?
 One of the things that I always wanted to do as a kid was drive down Route 66 from the start and drive all the way to the other side. While I still would love to do this I dont know that there is much appeal left, because as an adult I realize the cost and the time that is associated with such trip. Who has the time to take 2 week to drive across the country twice? I do love everything that road stood for, small towns and big dreams, all of which was crushed by major highway systems. I have had the oppertunity as well to visit a few places along Route 66, but I do still have that big dream of driving down it... maybe one day in retirement I can make that happen.
Here are a couple of places I have visited in Arcadia, OK
 This is the big round barn, although it has been redone and is not the original, it still stands where the original one is. This has a bunch of great memorabilia on the inside as well.


This would be pops roadside stand, they have hundreds of soda pop from around the world, and also have a small diner. I hope to add more to the collection of Route 66 photos one day. Isn't that Oklahoma sky to die for?

4 comments:

  1. You should do it! We haven't made it all the way from one end to the other, but we've driven some pretty big chunks with atlas in my lap, exiting from the new road every time there was a chance to drive on even a bit of old Route 66.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's an awesome dream. I still have mine unfulfilled but I'm not giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure about this one...will have to think about it! Lovely photos! Hope you have a great week,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my grandparents driving to California from Illinois on route 66 I think I have their old road maps from the 1950's

    ReplyDelete