Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What a busy weekend!

Between bountiful basket pick up, a massive tamale party I put together and the arrival of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint my weekend was packed fuller then its been for a while. College starts back up in a week, so I am trying to knock out some home improvement things between then and now.

 This is the kitchen that we were given when we bought the house 2 years ago... you can tell from below a lot has changed!


First I decided to paint just the island to see how the Chalk paint took to the cabinets.... it didn't take but a few hours to decide that the bottom cabinets were getting a makeover. 


This is what I am currently dealing with in my house! Notice the several wine bottles on the counter! (I joke) While it is stressful I am tired of my house being so dark, so this is one of the attempts to lighten it up a bit. 

We have plans to take out the top cabinets, rip out the soffett that is above the cabinets. Put up open shelving all around the kitchen. Get a new butcher block counter tops, tile a back splash, get a new ventahood and of course do the floors. Sounds fun huh? Oh we will also eventually put up a new ceiling over the "pop corn". I will have to also get new base boards paint the trim of the current doors etc AND paint the cabinet that is oddly place in my kitchen! Wanna help? 

That's a lot! I am so sorry for the cruddy cell phone pictures but while I disappear for a few days I will be working on getting my bottom cabinets done and start pulling out the top ones!


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you are busy! It will be so worth it, though! We are living in a bit of a mess too as we conquer some big projects =)

    ReplyDelete